The Montreal Korean United Church (MKUC), located in Verdun, Montreal, is searching for a full-time English Ministry pastor who will lead and pastor a growing multi-cultural congregation. The congregation is formed of two distinct groups; the Youth which are high schoolers and the Young Adults with are college students and young professionals. The Youth average around 20 students and the Young Adult average 40 active members.
We are seeking for an experienced, passionate and energetic pastor to shepherd this ministry in the long term. We are looking for strong preaching, and also a heart to raise-up leaders and be a role model to this unique group of individuals.
- Calling from God to impact this generation and raise up future leaders
- M. Div graduate from an accredited seminary
- English ministry experience (young adult or youth)
- English speaking. Preference given to Korean and/or French speaking.
- Oversee and shepherd two distinct age groups: youth and young adults
- Preaching sermons every Sunday. Youth service and EM service
- Preparing, teaching, leading bible studies and discipleship
- Leading Friday meetings: Youth Bible study, prayer and worship nights
- Oversee and work with the present EM leaders and ministry leaders
- Develop and nurture current and future leaders.
- Leading EM retreats (usually 2 per year)
- Participating in our Native (summer and monthly visits) and International mission trips
- Align with MKUC and EM goals and vision
- Help in the weekly small group meeting
- Counseling members (during the week)
- Meet with leaders on a regular basis to plan, execute and evaluate ministry events/programs/activities
- Participating and helping in MKUC Korean Ministry events
- Church administration alongside the senior pastor
Audio and Video sample of sermon required
Contact Person: Rev.JinSik Kim
Location/Address: 177 Rue. De l'Église, Verdun, Quebec , H4G 2M2
Phone: (514) 942-1254, 762-0675